Did you know that compressions socks are one of the effective ways of preventing gouts? Well, compression socks play a vital role in treating and preventing gouts. And together with healthy lifestyles, they form the natural methods of managing gouts.
Also, what is gouts? What are the symptoms? These questions are also floating a lot around us. Well, gout is a complex type of arthritis that affects the joints. Its symptoms include; unexpected severe pain, redness, swelling, and tenderness in the joints.
But, before you invest in compression socks, first seek the opinion of your physician. Let him tell you when, how, and what socks to wear. Now, what do you need? You only need to choose the right sock with the correct compression pressure. Here, we have given the best compression socks for gout and all other information you need. Stick with us.
Are Compression Socks Suitable For Gouts?
Compression socks are one of the effective prevention and treatment methods for Gouts. Experts say compression socks and gout are complements of each other. They help enhance blood circulation, prevent swelling, and ease the pain. They work by exerting gentle pressure on the legs, hence improving blood flow. Efficient blood flow means improved blood oxygenation and reduced swelling and pain.
Compressing socks should cover the affected areas (knees, ankles, or feet) for better results. This will help boost blood circulation and fasten the removal of urate crystals. It is prudent you check first with your physician before using compression socks.
So, what are the best compression socks for the management and prevention of gouts?
5 Best Compression Socks for Gout
The best compression socks are the ones that offer the correct compression pressure. They should have excellent fabric texture and excellent moisture-wicking and anti-odor properties. Other essential features include anti-infection qualities, breathability, and ease of washing. After comparing several compression socks in the market, here are the best five.
1. Copper Compression socks
Copper Compression socks are excellent socks for gouts. It offers good compression pressure, helps with the pain, and promotes blood circulation. They are also stylish and comfortable to the feet. One outstanding feature of this compression sock is its copper fiber. As you probably know, Copper is excellent in conducting electricity. Interestingly, copper fibers are also great in promoting blood circulation. The socks also provide mild medical-grade compression pressure of 15-20mmHg.
- Unique material–comprises 5% copper fiber, 10% polyester, and 85% nylon. The end product is a fabric that is both moisture-wicking and breathable.
- Mild Medical Grade Comp pressure–it compression pressure of 15-20mmHg that gives a gentle squeeze to the legs. This supports blood flow in the legs, which helps remove crystals.
- Copper fibers–are helpful in temperature regulation. It keeps your feet warm in freezing conditions and cool in hot weather. It also aids in removing foul odor.
- Rejuvenates blood flow – Boost blood flow in targeted areas of the feet, such as the toes. If the gout flares occur at the toe, this sock covers that area. This means improved circulation and fast removal of crystal.
- Help relief discomfort and pain–associated with gouts and plantar fasciitis
- Provide compression support to your low legs and prevent injuries.
- Comfortable to wear
- Unique and trendy
- It helps reduce and prevent leg swelling
- Some users have reported tears and holes after some time.
2. ComproGear Compression socks for Men and Women
ComproGear compression socks are excellent both in terms of functionality and aesthetics. Its fabric is a blend of spandex (5%), nylon (65%), and elastane (30%). One feature that makes it the best choice for gouts is its pressure. It offers 20-30mmHg compression pressure, not too strong or too weak. Its blended fabric provides firmness and comfort. This is critical in promoting blood circulation, reducing pain, and enhancing comfort.
- 20–30 mmHg medical-grade compression pressure- offering remarkable recovery and impressive performance.
- Knee-high length–Its knee-high length helps prevent and stop the pain in calves, ankles, feet, and toes.
- Quality fabric–The blend of spandex, nylon, and elastane provides both comfort and support. They are durable, thick, and strong materials that offer excellent grip.
- Six sizes–It has a variety of sizes ranging from small to 3x large. You are, therefore, sure to find your size.
- It aids in improving blood circulation and oxygenation levels in the legs. ComproGear compression socks hug your legs firmly, providing pressure to the veins.
- It offers support and relief from gout. Its knee-length help reduce flares’ duration (last less) and minimizes pain.
- Comfort–ComproGear fabric is gentle to your skin. The medium compression pressure makes it comfortable to wear.
- Fashionable and trendy
- Some users claim it is too tight.
3. NatraCure Cold Therapy Compression socks
The first on our list is the popular NatraCure Cold Therapy Compression socks. These therapy socks contain reusable gel ice frozen slippers that help ease the pain. It is the best socks for people suffering from gouts, plantar fasciitis, among others. If you’ve got sore, tired, and hot feet, this one is for you.
- It has a chilled gel pack that aids in defusing pain affecting the sole. It also has a half-size pack behind the heel and on top of the foot.
- The gel material also plays a significant role in soothing and cooling your feet.
- The cuffs contain stretch fabric (Spandex and nylon) for extra comfort
- All these features blend to offer you relief from sprains and pain.
- Offers relief from gout pains
- Has comfortable, and stretchy material
- Excellent design
- Great therapy socks
- The gel packs can be uncomfortable for some
- Big sizes (especially for men) are challenging to find
4. TechWare Pro Unisex Socks for Gouts
TechWare compression socks are strong socks with thin sleeves. They have lightweight and stretchy fabric that offers a reprieve from all types of pain. This type of sock is the best for preventing ankle injuries and pain. They are also comfortable, have moisture-wicking qualities, and help quicken recovery and healing.
- Have an anatomical design that makes it easy to adjust.
- The firm compression technique gives instant relief.
- Their fabric is lightweight and odor-resistant, keeping your legs fresh and comfortable
- The thin fabric absorbs moisture fast, hence keeping your feet dry
- They are available in different colors and sizes, giving you an array of options.
- Easy to wear and clean
- Have superior and durable material
- Some people find the socks to be a bit too tight
5. MEDICMAC Cold and Hot Therapy compression sock
MEDICMAC compression socks have compression straps and removable gel packs. These features help reduce pain in people suffering from gouts, sprain, and neuropathy. You can cool or heat it for drug-free, non-invasive, and natural pain relief. They are one of the best for the recovery of aching, tired, and sore feet.
- Have detachable gel packs. The manufacturers designed the gel packs to fit different parts of the feet. The cold and hot therapy will give you pain relief.
- Have adjustable temperature and compression you can adjust based on your preferences. The detachable straps make it easy to clean.
- The high-grade spandex, nylon, and silks aid in maintaining their elasticity and shape.
- Cold and hot therapy for pain alleviation
- Superior fabric technology
- Offers real therapy
- Provides a remedy for different feet health conditions
- Have straps to help adjust the fit
- No cons
Buying Tips Of Compression Socks For Gout
It is crucial to choose compression socks that help solve your gout problems. Look for socks that help relieve pain and fasten your recovery process. Some things that you need to pay more attention to are:
The Fabric: Always go for a fabric that is warm, smooth, and comfortable, such as a blend of nylon, spandex, and cotton.
Size: Choose a size that fits with your leg. It should not be loose or too tight–use the chart to guide you.
Texture: Compression socks come in varied textures from perforated fabric, thin and thick. Choose the one that makes your feet comfortable.
Extra Tips As Caution
- Always try to put on your socks during the day or as advised by your physician.
- Avoid compression socks at night. Give your legs some breathing space.
- Don’t go for open compression socks if your gouts extend to your toes. Choose compression socks that cover up-to-the toes.
- If you are feeling uncomfortable putting them on, don’t force it. Remove them to avoid blood restriction and worsening your condition.
Q. Should I wear socks with gout?
Yes, wear compression socks with gout as it helps improve blood circulation. This leads to the removal of urate crystals which are associated with gouts.
Q. Does gout cause burning feet?
Yes. High levels of uric acid caused by poor blood circulation cause these symptoms. Uric acid? Uric acid is a by-product of purine breakdown. Purine is a substance that occurs naturally in the blood. In a healthy person, the acid usually dissolves in blood and is eliminated through urine. But in individuals with blood circulation problems, the acid removal process is slow. This causes its accumulation in the body, leading to the formation of urate crystals. Medical science named it hyperuricemia– what causes gouts.
Q. What is the best compression for gout?
It depends on your preferences. The best compression socks for gout are the ones that address your needs. The above five compression socks will help you narrow down your search. They are the best socks available on the market.
Q. How to treat gout?
There is a wide range of medications for gouts. The first group are medications that stop gout attacks. The second group of drugs helps protect you from complications. They include medicine that contains production or promotes the removal of uric acid.
There are also natural remedies like using compression socks and adopting healthy lifestyles. Avoid alcohol and foods rich in purines, e.g., steak, exercise frequently, among others.
Compression socks are beneficial treatment methods for Gouts. They help enhance blood circulation, prevent swelling, and ease the pain. Socks adviser say compression socks and gout are complements of each other. So, looking to reduce the gout pain fast and best compression socks for gout, as well? Try a pair of Compression Socks from the above list. It will help you identify the right fit for you.