Nurses spend hours standing on hard floors, assisting patients, and looking for supplies. But, they barely get the chance to sit down. Yet most nurses do this every day, 12-hour shift on feet. These physically demanding activities lead to soreness, tiredness, poor blood circulation, and extreme leg fatigue. But the best compression socks are the solution to these sore legs for nurses.
However, you can rely on our best compression socks review. So without further due, let’s get into it.
So, Are Compression Socks Good for Nurses?
Yes. Compression socks are good for nurses. Also, it’s important to know what compression is good for nursing. The compression level should be mild to moderate to allow free and quick movements. Experts recommend 15-20 mmHg.
The best compression socks provide graduated compression up the leg. This pressure is expressed in millimeters of mercury (mmHg) that enhances blood flow, removes tiredness, prevents aching legs, fluid buildup on ankles and feet.
Benefits of Compression Socks
So, how are compression socks beneficial for nurses? Here are some core benefits of compression socks for nurses-
- Improve blood circulation and reduce leg fatigue.
- It prevents varicose veins and reduces pain.
- It makes standing comfortable by decreasing swelling of ankles and feet.
- Compression socks promote muscle recovery
- Ensures comfortable movement of nurses while working.
5 Best Compression Socks For Nurses
As you already understand, the best compro socks for nurses should provide comfort and support to the legs. They should also be breathable, well-cushioned, and should have non-slip features. As for the fabric, it should be stretchy and quick-drying. This assists in keeping your feet dry and cool for hours. Below are some of the best picks.
- Physix Gear Sport Compression Socks – Best compression socks for nurse
- FuelMeFoot Copper Compression Socks – Best white compression socks for nurses
- HYRIXDIRECT Compression Socks – Best Medical Compression Socks
- Charmking Compression Socks – Top rated Compression Socks for Nurses
- LEVSOX Compression Socks – Best Wide Calf Compression Socks for Nurses
Best Compression Socks For Nurses
1# Physix Gear Sport Compression Socks
This is the best unisex compression sock for nurses. It has almost everything a nurse would want in a compression sock.
They are durable, stretchy, and comfortable. Its 20-30mmHg compression level helps enhance blood flow to your calves and feet. The fabric comprises 30% spandex and 70% nylon – a good combination for support and comfort.
- Stretchy and comfortable
- Intense but comfortable compression
- Some claim that the top elastics are too tight. ( For better comfort, you can change compression level.)
2# Fuelmefoot Copper Compression Socks
FuelMeFoot is an all-in-one compression sock for nurses. It provides solutions to the everyday feet challenges nurses face. It offers mild pressure (15 -20 mmHg) and comprises 5% copper fiber, 10% polyester, and 85% nylon. This composition makes this compression sock breathable, durable, and super comfortable. The copper-infused fabric helps in preventing odor and promoting blood flow.
- Breathable and comfortable
- Excellent moisture management technique
- Comfortable pressure
- An impressive odor prevention technique
- Too long to wear short person.
- Only knee high (no thigh-high socks)
Tips: If you are short, you can check this cotton Newzill Compression Socks[Amazon] as an alternative.
3# HYRIXDIRECT Compression Sock
HYRIXDIRECT Compression Socks are best for both the summer and winter seasons. The fabric contains 40% to 85% nylon, which helps offer comfort and warmth. In addition, the sock provides 20-30 mmHg.
- Better fitting and most comfortable
- Firm compression
- Soft feel fabric
- Seams are too thick
Tips: If you have a problem with thickness, we suggest Bluemaple Copper Compression Socks[Amazon] as an alternate.
4# Charmking Compression Socks
CHARMKING is a popular compression sock for nurses. The greatest thing about this sock is that it comes in a pack of eight. So you can stock up your wardrobe with a single buy.
Its fabric comprises 85% nylon (the rest is not disclosed). Nylon gives it a stretchy and comfortable feel that is perfect for standing long hours. Regarding compression pressure, its 15-20mmHg compression level provides a firm fit. Other features include 360 degrees stretchable fabric, tight top cuff, and padded heels and toes.
- Remarkable durability and flexibility
- 30 degrees stretchable fabric
- Moderate compression
- Slight itchiness in summer. (Wash regularly to get out of it)
5# LEVSOX Compression Socks
Looking for comfortable, stylish, and graduated compression socks? LEVSOX has a solution for you. Its moisture-wicking fabric helps keep your feet cool, dry, and odorless. In addition, the manufacturers of this sock designed it to offer intense pressure (20-30mmHg). This feature is vital, especially for nurses who move around a lot. It also has a smooth toe design that is useful in preventing blisters and toe pain.
- Intense compression to support blood circulation
- Flexible and comfortable fabric
- Impressive moisture-wicking properties
- Breathable fabric
- If you have chunky calves but small ankles- avoid these socks.
Tips: You can choose Mates Wide Calf Compression Socks[Amazon] as an alternative.
A nurse takes care of patients–but who takes care of a nurse? As a professional, you need to take care of yourself and your health first. This way, you’ll have the energy and the right mindset to take care of others.
So, minimize the stress to your ankle and feet by wearing compression socks. The above are the best compression socks for nurses in the market. Remember, the perfect compression socks should be comfortable, durable, and flexible.