We rarely think much about what we wear when gardening. Gardening socks! You wonder. Is there even something like that? Well, most people wear an old pair of socks before they go out to perform garden activities. But the truth is; gardening sock is must-have clothing for a gardener.
Also, you might be asking yourself, why would you buy another pair of socks just for gardening? Well, gardening socks make you look fantastic and protect your feet from shoe friction. In addition, it offers a solution to sweaty feet, leaving you to concentrate on your gardening. And if you are to buy, which are the best socks for gardening? Read along for answers to these questions.
4 Reasons To Wear Socks For Gardening
There are many reasons you should have a unique pair of socks for gardening. Below are some of them.
- Hygiene – Gardening involves activities that expose you to dirt and make you sweat. Dirty socks and legs are a common thing when farming, which is not suitable for your skin. Having specific pairs of gardening socks makes it easy to maintain hygiene.
- Fashion statement – While the farm isn’t the ideal place to showcase your sense of style, it’s an area with untapped potential. For example, imagine wearing your beautiful garden socks while others are in their traditional socks! It sounds cool, right?
- Cleanliness – With gardening, you have no option but to get your hands dirty. Your clothes, body, and even socks will most likely get soiled. You surely don’t want to wear the same dirty socks to the office. Having gardening socks helps you avoid such kind of situation.
- Stand out from the crowd – Unique and trendy gardening socks are not everyone’s cup of tea. You seldom see a gardener wearing stylish socks while in the garden. So, this is an opportunity you should exploit.
5 Best Socks For Gardening
From many gardening socks, choosing one can be overwhelming. But don’t worry, as we’ve identified the five best gardening socks you can choose from. We selected the five based on the quality of the material, functionality, and style.
1. Foot Traffic Fruits and Veggies Women’s Socks
If you are a gardener, vegetarian, or love visiting farmers’ markets, this is for you. Foot traffic garden socks have quality material that is stretchy, comfortable, and durable. They contain 5% spandex, 15% nylon, 15% polyester, and 65% cotton. They are perfect for women who wear shoe sizes 5 to 10. It has eight different varieties, including Avocado Nut, Gardener, Succulent, Bananas, among others.
- Comfort: The polyester, spandex, cotton, and nylon material make it comfortable and durable.
- Breathable: The blended material makes the socks breathable and snug fit. These are exceptional qualities for outdoor stockings.
- Reasonably priced: They are also available at a pocket-friendly price.
- Gift-able: They come in a beautiful package and have different designs to choose from. It makes them ideal for a mother’s day, anniversary, or birthday gift.
- Excellent moisture-wicking properties.
- Unique designs and patterns. Foot Traffic garden socks have unique customs that fit well with the farm environment.
- Some clients find the sizing to be slightly bigger than usual.
2. Plant Get Me. Blue Q’s Women Ankle Socks
This is one of the best ankle socks for Environmentalists and plant enthusiasts. It features soft and luxurious cotton material that makes you feel comfortable. The wordings “plants get me” makes it unique and exciting. Another great thing about these socks is the fact that it is machine washable. This makes it easy to clean and saves you time. They are available in sizes 5 to 10 US.
- Easy care: As stated earlier, this type of socks is machine washable. You can use cold wash and tumble dry in medium heat.
- Comfortable: On comfort, this sock gives you the greatest satisfaction. The combed cotton material gives you relief and soothes your feet.
- Durable: The blended material – spandex and nylon give it strength and durability.
- Gardener’s design: The socks have an environmental touch thanks to the green, magnificent artwork.
- One size fits all: The sock is stretchable and fits anyone with a shoe size between 5 and 10.
- They are asymmetric (you can wear them on both feet). There’s nothing wrong with that, but for its standard, it should have been symmetric.
3. Darn Tough Women Garden Socks
This sock offers both style and functionality. The manufacturer created it from a blended material containing spandex, nylon, and wool. They are lightweight and super strong. Its True Seamless Technology makes the seams undetectable, giving it an ultra-soft feel. It comprises 59% Merino Wool, 3% Lycra Spandex, and 38% Nylon. They have excellent moisture-wicking qualities, are soft, and breathable–perfect for any weather. Regarding size, they have a standard crew height that ends in the mid-calf region.
- Ultimate comfort: No bunching, no slipping, and no blisters. It has a super fiber that is great for comfort and breathability. In addition, it’s an all-weather sock meaning that it’s comfortable both during summer and winter.
- Seamless: This gardening sock has invisible seams, which make it comfortable and stylish.
- Snug-fitting and durable: The manufacturers of these socks used a high-density knitting technique. This technique uses more stitches per inch, giving it a tight fit and making it durable. All these without making it bulky.
- Feet safety: The socks have a cushion and lightweight yarns that protect the feet from injury.
- Sustainable: The fact that the sock is durable means less waste hence reducing environmental impact.
- Some users find it to be too tight
4. Spox Socks
CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE ON AMAZON
These unique garden socks are for everyone; women, men, girls, and boys. It features distinctive designs for gardens or other outdoor activities. They blend well with both casual and formal wear. The most impressive feature of this sock is the color palette and matching motives. The combination of these features makes it appear stylish and attractive. It also has a flat toe seam that gives it a comfortable feel. This is perfect for people with sensitive feet.
- Unisex socks: Spox Socks are for both men and women. So you don’t have to worry that it’ll look feminine or masculine on you.
- Bold colors and attractive patterns: Spox socks are available in different colors and patterns. It’ll undoubtedly make you look pretty even when on the farm. In addition, the unique designs add some creativity to your outfit.
- Creative design: The socks offer impressive designs and are of high quality.
- Comfortable: The sock contains 5% Spandex, 15% Polyamide, and 80% Cotton. The cotton gives both warmth and comfort.
- Stretchy and adapts to fit: This unisex garden sock contains elastane. This, combined with a non-compressive ribbing style, makes it stretch and adaptable to fit.
- Some people have reservations for mismatched socks
5. HappyPopCactus and Sunflower Women socks
It is an excellent sock for nature and plant lovers. These special socks comprise 80% Cotton, 3% Spandex, and 17% Polyamide. So, the result is a soft, stretchy, comfortable, and breathable fabric. Also, they have cactus and sunflower images on colorful background, giving that nature vibe. They are available in sizes 6 to 12 and sizes 8 to 13.
- All-purpose socks: Apart from being gardening socks, you can also wear them on other occasions. For example, you can decide to wear it as formal or casual wear.
- Durable: The blended material combined with superior knitting techniques makes it durable.
- Fashionable: They are colorful and have some fabulous designs and graphics.
- Warm and cozy: This soft material gives it a warm and comfortable feel.
- Easy to clean: They are machine washable.
- No cons so far
Q. What should I look for when searching for gardening socks?
There are certain things you need to consider before buying a pair of gardening socks. They include size, design, fabric, and fit. The socks must be of the right size and fit. This means that you have to know your sock size. Regarding designs, you would want to have gardening socks that reflect what you do. It should be funky and attractive. The fabric shouldn’t be too thick or thin but medium and should feel comfortable.
Q. What makes gardening socks unique?
The thing that makes gardening socks special is their design and their rarity. Gardening socks designs are outspoken and loud, making you noticeable and attractive. Also, the fact that it’s not common to have gardening socks makes you unique.
Q. What to wear when gardening?
Well, the rule is–wear something that will protect you from pricks and injuries. So, the fabric should be thick and tough. Also, since you’ll be working outdoors – you need breathable clothing. Finally, it should have some moisture-wicking properties. Some gardening clothes include; socks, a maxi dress with pockets, and head protection.
There are unique socks designed purposefully for gardening. Their design, material, color, and patterns are perfect for a garden environment. Above are some of the best gardening socks available on the market. You can try them and experience the joy and comfort of the fabric. Remember – for you to enjoy your gardening, you need to feel connected to nature. So choose a pair of socks that brings you closer to that feeling.