Dress socks are worn amongst other casual dress shoes depending on the person, dress code, or preference. Dress socks are unisex and come in different colors and heights. There are many reasons why people dress in thin socks. Here are some reasons why dress socks are thin.
- Breathability: Having thinner socks boosts how breathable your legs are. Breathability is crucial to your feet as it prevents them from sweating too much after a busy day at work.
- Comfort: Thinner dress socks ensure that you have an easy time when wearing them on your feet.
- Dryness: These socks dry more quickly. Moisture is driven away from your skin if you have a thin sock on your feet.
- Anti-Blisters: It reduces the risk of growing blisters on your feet.
- Use: Thin socks do not need too many modifications as they serve a specific purpose.
- Snugger Fit: With the dress shoes, thin socks provide a snugger fit always.
However, dress socks are meant for use with other clothes depending on the dressing code. Wearing heavy and thick socks reduces the level of aeration in the foot. This doubles the amount of heat in the foot resulting in high chances of sweating.
Too much sweating of the feet is associated with a bad odor on the feet. Also, thicker socks will squeeze your feet such that you will be under pressure on the shoe. As a result, you may end up feeling like your shoes are not fitting you every time. And since dress socks are meant for official, it might end up embarrassing you.
The thickness of socks actually depends on the fit of your selective footwear. Although thicker socks are suitable for low-volume foot and high-volume feet needs thinner socks. Finally, we suggest you choose thin socks for dress shoes hence it fits comfortably.